Discover an authentic Norman village
How could you not take advantage of your stay in our hotel in Caen to visit a typical Norman village only 30 minutes away from the hotel?
To do this, head for Beuvron-en-Auge, a small village with less than 200 inhabitants: one of the most beautiful villages in Normandy and former stronghold of the Harcourt family of the Pays d'Auge.
Its old town, and in particular the Michel Vermughen square, seems to be straight out of a postcard. You will be charmed by the old market halls which have been entirely restored, the colourful facades of the buildings and in particular the half-timbered houses dating from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Take the time to admire the place and why not settle down on the terrace of one of the cafés or restaurants and enjoy the Normandy sweetness? You will find in particular:
- The Café Forges offers an authentic setting in an old forge
- La Colomb'auge, an unmissable crêperie in a warm and typically Norman setting
- Le Pavé d'Auge and Jérôme Bansard, a Michelin-starred chef, welcome you to the old covered market
During your visit to the village, don't miss the three listed manor houses of the town, dating from the 15th and 17th centuries:
- The Lieu-Hocquart manor house
- The manor house of La Hogue
- The manor house on the avenue de la gare