Destination Caen in Normandy
Spend a holiday by the sea this summer in Normandy!
Get to Caen's points of interest quickly and easily on foot with the Best Western Royal Hotel.
Your hotel in Caen city centre
Located in the heart of the city in the quiet area of Place de la République, the lively streets of the city centre are only a few metres away from the hotel on foot.
Sit back and relax in one of the completely redesigned and modernly decorated rooms, where you will find all the comfort you need for your stay with us.
Other advantages of the hotel:
- Secure underground parking in front of the hotel with specially negotiated rates for our guests (please report to the reception before entering the car park)
- Close proximity to Caen SNCF train station: 15 minutes on foot and 10 minutes by bus (line T3 and line 11)
- The on-site bar La Couronne for tasting local specialities
- Baby kits available on request at the reception
What to visit on foot around the hotel
Many historical and tourist sites are within walking distance of the Best Western Royal Hotel:
- Caen Castle, 5 minutes away
- the Maison des Quatrans, 5 minutes away
- the medieval and lively Vaugueux district, less than 10 minutes away
- the Caen marina, 10 minutes away
- the Abbaye aux Hommes, 10 minutes away
- the Abbaye aux Dames, 20 minutes away
Where to swim or see the sea
Only a few kilometres from the coast, the city of Caen is ideally placed to combine an urban atmosphere with a beach holiday. Several pages are accessible by bike, bus or car:
- Ouistreham Riva-Bella beach
By bus: 30 minutes with line 12 towards Haut-Lion - Lion-sur-Mer at the Tour Leroy stop (48 boulevard des Alliés, 5 minutes walk from the hotel)
By bike: 1 hour from the VéloFrancette greenway
- The beach at Hermanville-sur-Mer
By bus: 1 hour with line 12 towards Haut-Lion - Lion-sur-Mer at the Tour Leroy stop (48 boulevard des Alliés, 5 minutes walk from the hotel)
By bike: 1 hour and five minutes from the VéloFrancette greenway
- The beach of Lion-sur-Mer
By bus: 45 minutes with line 12 towards Haut-Lion - Lion-sur-Mer at the Tour Leroy stop (48 boulevard des Alliées, 5 minutes walk from the hotel)
By bike: 1h10 from the VéloFrancette greenway
> Reach the Normandy beaches by bike from our hotel in Caen
The sites of the D-Day Landings and the Battle of Normandy
Would you like to return to the traces of the battles that changed the course of history? There are several historical sites close to the hotel:
- The Caen Memorial 10 minutes away by car
- Juno Beach, 25 minutes away by car
- Sword Beach, 25 minutes drive
- Omaha Beach, the Normandy American Cemetery and the Omaha Beach Memorial Museum 40 minutes away
- Gold Beach 40 minutes away
- Arromanches 360 40 minutes away
Don't wait any longer and book now your hotel in Normandy at the Best Western Royal Hotel in Caen !